Nav Involvement (cont'n)

5. I describe my involvement (giving or/and actual ministry) with the Navs as
a Continuous and I am staying in a ministry area (Places where there is an ongoing Nav ministry) 6 22.2%
b. Continuous even if I stay out of a ministry area 10 37.0%
c Only when I am in a ministry area, but not involve if I’m out of ministry area. 0 0.0%
d. not involve even If am within a ministry area 1 3.7%
e not involve and I am out of ministry area 7 25.9%
f I need to explain (Please write your explanation on the voice out box.) 3 11.1%
Votes so far 27 100.0%
6. Did anyone of the Phil Nav staff, Nav contact or Nav alumni communicate to you when you went somewhere ?
a. Yes, frequently 9 36.0%
b. Yes, but rarely 9 36.0%
c. None at all, only through this egroup. 6 24.0%
d. I need to explain (Please write your explanation on the voice out box.) 1 4.0%
Votes so far 25 100.0%
7. My present connection with the Navs is mainly because
a. I am never disconnected with the Navs 12 48.0%
b. I connected back through my personal efforts. 4 16.0%
c. a Staff take efforts to connect me back 2 8.0%
d. another alumni take effort to connect me back 5 20.0%
e I do not know how I got connected to the Navs again 2 8.0%
Votes so far 25 100.0%
8 How do you rate your present ministry involvement with the PhilNavs in terms of support and/or actual ministry work.
a 70-100% is related with the Navs 8 30.8%
b. 50-70% is related with the Navs 2 7.7%
c. 30-50% is related with the Navs 5 19.2%
d. 10-30% is related with the Navs 5 19.2%
e. 0-10% is related with the Navs 4 15.4%
f. I need to explain (Please write your explanation on the voice out box.) 2 7.7%
Votes so far 26 100.0%
9 With your past and present involvement with the Navs, do you consider yourself as a Navigator?
a. Yes 22 84.6%
b. No 3 11.5%
c. I don’t know 0 0.0%
d I need to explain (Please write your explanation on the voice out box.) 1 3.8%
Votes so far 26 100.0%

SOME COMMENTS ON THE SURVEY

You can read it from the bottom up.

Saturday, April 11, 2009

Some Modification

Hi K. R G. and all,

Here are my points:

1. I would reiterate my recommendation in my previous after-survey post that the Navs Leadership will consider all the issues raised in the survey as long as said issues will help build the kingdom/community, regardless of whether the survey result has a significant representation or not. We will treat the survey as a formal/written request in a "suggestion box."

2. On Newsletter:

We will never undermine the power of our newsletter to connect and stay updated as partners or as members of the family. However, I find your proposed strategy too complicated and therefore would require too much work. Here's my modification/ addendum:

a. quarterly/bi- annual newsletter/update (simple narrative in the dialect will do) from each staff and can be posted thru the internet: via website,e-group like the cebunavs,or simple e-mail.

b. bi-annual/yearly newsletter from the Central Navs. This will require a core group (the way you suggested) to handle the work or maybe can be an add-on to an existing paid administrative staff but will be edited by those who can volunteer from the leaders, ministry staff or somebody like Au. To save resources, have a printed version only for a limited few and use the internet service for the greater circulation (this is what our church is doing). I myself wouldn't need a printed copy. If we do this, maybe we don't need to solicit more funds and instead reserve those resources for other use in the future.

I was wondering why the core group (to handle the newsletter) you suggested will be based in Cebu and not Manila, if this has to be a national Navs endeavor.

I will help in whatever way I can, nasugdan na man gyod ni nato ug apil-apil (he,he,he!)

Thanks for bringing this matter up (the newsletter),
Lani Gador-Johnson

No comments:

Post a Comment